Development, design and production of microwave components based on solid-state and vacuum devices operating in the frequency range 1-300 GHz.
Development, design and manufacture of microwave component base at the enterprise are carried out in accordance with the State standards of Ukraine and the relevant regulations. Scientific-engineering and manufacturing base of State Enterprise RI "Orion" provides effective and qualitative development, design and production of microwave components, based on solid-state and vacuum devices in the frequency range 1–300 GHz in the following areas.
Design and manufacturing technology of modern components on silicon base:
- small size receiving-transmitting devices in the frequency range of 30–140 GHz;
- small size receiving-transmitting devices in the frequency range of 250–280 GHz;
- small size receiving-transmitting devices for radio-relay communication systems with ultra-fast data transmission, (100–1000) Mbps in the frequency range 40–86 GHz;
- small size multi-frequency oscillator-amplifier modules in the frequency range 30–40 GHz;
- small size radar modules for short-range radiolocation systems in the frequency range 30–60 GHz;
- electrically controlled attenuators on distributed silicon p–i–n-diodes for operation in the frequency range 25–170 GHz;
- silicon IMPATT diodes in the frequency range 30–300 GHz;
- silicon p–і–n-diodes in the frequency range 1–140 GHz;
- miniature wide-range, fast response temperature sensors in the range 0,1–300°К.
Design and production technology of modern components based on compounds А3В5 (GaN, GaAs, InP):
- transmitting-receiving devices for active phased antenna arrays;
- amplifiers based on gallium-nitride transistors with output power up to 140W in centimeter wave range;
- compact microwave components, modules and devices for equipment of detection, identification, guidance, object tracking, and for testing equipment;
- frequency synthesizers for modern equipment of centimeter and millimeter wave length;
- small size oscillators on Gunn diodes in the frequency range 30–100 GHz;
- GaAs Gunn diodes in the frequency range 30–100 GHz.
Design and industrial production of vacuum component technology:
- compact multibeam traveling wave tubes of 8-mm wave range of pulse mode and power up to 250 W.